What was the root in the order of the regime to kill? If Hitler, by order of charismatic authority, viewed himself as a Nietzchean superman, why didn't he form his little Garden of Eden Deutschland and expel the Jews? Why couldn't he very nicely ask the British to ship the Jews off to Madagascar instead of conquering the Royal Navy?
I have been desensitized to the word "kill" and "Jew". Perhaps that is how "ordinary men" could kill hundreds of Jews and justify their actions. I was startled in the beginning, with the text stating statistics and methods of murder so bluntly. I even had sympathy for Trapp and some other officers. The structure of the current reading and lecture cites facts first and then reflects upon it, but when I read the psychological explanations or justifications I did not think good enough, I began to think that I somehow missed the explanation in a previous chapter. How on earth could a mentality exist in taking the life of a person based on
No comments:
Post a Comment